Rhubarb x 1 Victoria Rheum x cultorum Crimson Stemmed Vegetable Fruit Vegetable Garden Plants
- Product Code: rhubarb-rheum-x-cultorum-plants
- Availability: 7888
Rhubarb x 1 Victoria Rheum x hybridum Crimson Food Fruit Herbs Vegetable Plants
Not for Western Australia, Tasmania & Northern Territory
The plants you will receive in this listing will be in individual 50x70mm round pots, will be established and healthy corms, will have established roots and will be ready to plant out into your garden. (In Winter they may not have leaves as these will regrow rapidly in Spring.)
Rheum x cultorum hybridum
Only the stems are edible
- Classic, fast growing edible variety that tastes good, looks great and is grown in many veggie patches around the world.
- Indigenous to Asia.
- A perennial that grows from chunky thick rhizomes.
- Although they normally do not like humidity, they will grow well in the subtropics of Queensland.
- An attractive plant that can be interspersed amongst the garden.
- Plants can be divided every four years.
- The leaves are toxic. Boil 1kg of leaves in 2-3 litres of water and spray on plants as an organic insecticide. Works against garden pests such as aphids, caterpillars, whiteflies etc.
Position: Full sun to semi-shade. Well-drained soil.
Foliage: Large undulating leaves. Red stems.
Height: Approx 60-90cm.
Maintenance: They like to be watered regularly. Fertilise regularly with compost, rotted manure or a general purpose fertiliser to get the most amount of stalks.
Plant pick-up also available from our retail nursery
7 days per week
Plantinspirations Online & Retail Nursery
2c Holts Lane, Bacchus Marsh 3340
Retail Trading Hours
We work hard ensuring our plant descriptions and notes are as accurate as possible. Please let us know if you find errors or have information that will improve them.
Online & Retail Nursery Garden Plants