Oleander Mixed x 5 Plants 3 Types Flowering Garden Shrubs Flowers Hedging Double Flowering Plants Garden Hardy Drought Frost Nerium
- Product Code: nerium-oleander-mixed-pack-plants-5
- Availability: 17
- 5 or more $22.45
Oleander Mixed x 5 Double Flowering Plants Hardy Garden Shrubs Hedging Screening Nerium 3 Types
The plants you will receive are in individual 40x80mm or 50x70mm pots, will be 12-18cm tall, will be multi-branched, will have established roots and will be ready to plant into your garden.
Oleander Mixed Pack x 5
Extremely hardy flowering shrubs that can handle a wide range of conditions.
All parts of the plant contain strong toxins that are poisonous if taken in sufficient amounts. See below for more information.
Planted across Australia by gardeners, parks, councils etc.
Drought resistant and frost resistant to minus 10 degrees.
Quite high salt tolerance for coastal planting.
Has a good resistance to many pests and animals.
Can be trimmed back quite hard and will regrow.
Bird and butterfly attracting.
Beautiful in floral arrangements.
Great for pots, screening, feature plantings, borders, hedging etc.
Full sun to semi-shade. Can handle a wide range of conditions.
Clusters of fragrant, five-petaled, star-shaped, double flowers borne in profusion from late Spring through to Autumn.
Height: approx 2-4 metres (standard forms), approx 1 to 1.5 metres (dwarf forms).
The following information regarding its toxicity is quoted from Burke's Backyard website (8/10/18)
Is it safe to plant?
Some people believe oleanders should not be grown in gardens because they are poisonous. This is a misinformed belief. Whilst oleander (Nerium oleander) is poisonous, it is no more dangerous than many other garden plants. In general, the stories about poisoning from the plant have been found to be myths. Indeed, records from the Poisons Information Centre suggest that there have been no serious injuries or any deaths attributed to oleander (Nerium oleander) in Australia. Oleander poisoning is caused by glycocytes, which need to be ingested by chewing large quantities of leaves, flowers or fruit. The plant has a bitter taste and large quantities of leaves would need to be ingested to effect poisoning. The bitter taste would also be likely to deter most children before any danger was done. Nevertheless, take care when handling this plant. It is poisonous and shouldn't be under-estimated.
For information on oleander poisoning, or for instructions if poisoning is suspected call Poisons Information on 13 1126. This is a national service, which operates from the New Children's Hospital at Westmead, New South Wales. It can be dialled from anywhere in Australia.
Not for Western Australia, Northern Territory or Tasmania
Plantinspirations Online Garden Plants Nursery
We work hard ensuring our plant descriptions and notes are as accurate as possible, but accept no responsibility for errors.
Please let us know if you find errors or have information that will improve our descriptions.
Not for Tasmania, Northern Territory or Western Australia